View Single Post
      09-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #8
suspensio
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50 Msprt BKSaphire/Moc

Update! After reading my post Daryl contacted me directly and expressed genuine concern in getting my hitch working properly and apologized for not getting back to me sooner. I had tried to reach him prior to this thread and evidently he had been on vaca for a week or so and my frustration poured out on here.

Daryl shipped me a new receiver and slide that was slightly updated/upgraded from the version they were installing when I got mine 16 months ago. I just pulled my boat (26 foot Cobalt) 300 miles and the ball mount popped right out as promised. My boat weighs about 6500 lbs and with the diesel, into a head wind, i honestly had to slow down at times because I was hitting 90 and got just under 10 MPG. It's hard to believe a vehicle that is that much smaller than my last tow vehicle, a Denali, can handle the boat so well. Leave it to the Germans.

Daryl, Thank You! Problem solved, customer service was above and beyond, and as promised the hitch was well worth the money. It's the perfect hitch for the BMW! Since it appears the new BMW option is only going to class III I hope you are all over the new one when it hits.

Darren
Appreciate 0