03-16-2014, 06:45 PM   #1
SouthShoreM3
Passes everything but the gas station
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

2011 X5M injector replacement

All,

I just wanted to let the community know and for that have not done it that this is a must do if you have the ability and symptoms of needing new injectors.

My X5M is a 2011 and I bought it with 29xxx miles. Since the day I bought it I didn't know what to expect. But gradually through my various tunes and getting to know the car better over time I knew the injectors needed to replaced. This week I had all injectors and the coil packs replaced. Per my master tech I was running part #08 and the latest injector # is 11. That's a big jump.

I can't even begin to tell you that this is a completely different car. I reinstalled my VELOS tune and apparently I must have been running not nearly the amount of power cause it is now just stupidly more fast, responsive and pulls harder than it ever did.

Gas mileage is significantly better as well. When I would drive the X5M hard my gas would just drop like crazy. This weekend been driving it hard as can be and needle is dropping anywhere nearly as bad. Per my computer I'm averaging about 6mpg better than I have since owning the car. That's a lot of mileage for this gasoline drinking hot rod.

In addition to the forged 20s from VELOS we just put on, this SUV will surely give my SC M3 a run for it's money. If not bury it. The unsprung weight itself has helped steering response, turnin, and the X5M just feels lighter on its feet.

Currently I have about 35xxx miles. All, for those that have not done this it is a must.

My symptoms were lumpy idle, surging, trouble starting over, excessive black soot (I mean making my garage floor black and my catless M3 has never left a drop of black soot on the ground) check engine light but on board computer stating all systems ok and when at idle from a cold start the car would shake excessively. Like an earthquake.

One happy X5M owner today!
Appreciate 0