07-28-2012, 10:14 PM   #13
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Mastek, it is here:
http://dod-tec.us/dod-gse550-car-dvr...-with-gps.html

Although it looked like he took it lightly, I don't think OP cared for X5Fx's sarcastic response. You do not necessarily have to get into any accident. Do you wear seat belt? Do you wear seatbelt because you think you will have an accident that day? Believe it or not, these cameras saved a lot necks. Here is a very good example. Just think about the hassle you would have to go through if someone actually backed into you...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJYFyYGWZcE

Anyway, I am with those who don't want the hassle of having to turn it on/off or wire it (other than when charging) etc.. I thought about setting my phone, but the lens is not wide enough. I will check a few websites maybe stuff like iPhone or Android may have a very simple trigger. When the phone connects via bluetooth to BMW, start recording. So you just dock it facing the front and it starts recording, and stops recording when you leave your vehicle. It looks like DOD also does it, but how does it do it? I am not sure

Quote:
After the car start, GSE550 will record automatically and search for the GPS signal, after the car been turned off about 5 seconds, it will save the file and shutdown automatically.
As for DOD GSE550, my co-worker recently visited Taiwan and he was able to pick up a very similar one for only $50 there. It records in WMV progressive mode so each frame can be used a frame. It requires plugging in to cigarette lighter power port, which somehow uses to sense if the vehicle is running or not, and starts recording. Maybe it uses motion, I don't know. It would be cool if we can hide it somewhere so we won't have to actually remove it when parked outside.

Last edited by hyde; 07-28-2012 at 10:30 PM..
Appreciate 0