10-06-2015, 11:15 PM   #413
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgman View Post
Now I just had a wonderful converation with the main guy in service. He was even more argumentative, which was astonishing. He told me I was accusing his forman and SA a being liars, which I absolutely did not do. I told them the car has never leaked oil, and after all the work they did, it was leaking oil immediately, which is a very big coincidence. Was trying to put a lot of words in my mouth. After having 3 BMW's serviced there, you would think they would have some respect for their customers.

I then asked one more important question. IF my car was leaking oil when I brought it in, would you take notes on that and document it. He paused for a bit, and then said yes. I said great, why don't you check my records and I'll wait on the phone. He verified there were no issues, but then lectured me on how bad the N63 engine is and that these are cars are well known to have issues like oil leaks. He basically dismissed the whole thing due to a crappy car. I then proceeded to tell him I have a hard time with him using these excuses of oil leaks on a $85,000 car that is 4 years old and found that unacceptable.

I guess I made him think some more, because now he wants to do more research and get back to me. Even more unimpressed with Bellevue BMW after the 2nd call. I guess customers are guilty until proven innocent...if they ever are. He told me the leaks are coming from the upper oil pan, turbo lines, and maybe the rear seal, but couldn't tell on that one. I reminded him of everything they replaced on the car and asked if there was any possible way the leaks could be caused by their work. He said no. But again, an amazing coincidence the leaks started the next morning when I pulled out the garage and noticed oil on my floor.

Based on his tone, I highly doubt they will do anything here. Love these guys.
This is really frustrating to hear for many reasons - one being BMW Bellevue is local to me but I've avoided them at all costs for nearly 15 years now. I took my 1st E46 into them, once, under warranty, and swore never to go back.

For this specific repair I guess you'll have to hope BMW Bellevue comes through, but for all future repairs I'd go to BMW Seattle - I've had great success with them over the years. I've also had good luck at Strictly BMW (indy shop) in Bellevue - those guys are courteous, knowledgeable, have a solid history/track record, and won't treat you like you're being treated right now.

Can you escalate to BMW North America? I agree way too big of a coincidence. Damn that dealership is trash.
Appreciate 0