archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

Not enuf Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBobDeuce View Post
I have a 2009 X6 50i with the sport package, active steering, and just about everything else. It's been 6 months and I finally got over 3500 miles. Besides needing a new water pump at 500 miles (there are four, apparently, and it takes 3+ weeks to get one from engine production in Germany), I have really only two complaints...

1. Rattles -- I live in the big city with predictably bad roads, and there's a constant rattle from the passenger seat and/or door every time I hit the slightest bump. Interstates are fine. I know the suspension is stiff, but does anyone else have problems like this with rattles in the X6? Will the dealership laugh ay me if I ask them to investigate?

2. iDrive -- I purposely got the 2009 because when I saw the new iDrive, I honestly thought it was too complex (multiple buttons around knob, too many menu options per screen, etc.). I know that's a personal judgment thing, to which I will be subject to harassment. But, this old iDrive is really SLOW to boot, particularly to the rear camera. Is there a way to speed it up? A software update or something?

Other than that, it's been a great car and fun to drive. I appreciate any input you can provide! Thanks.
They must be selling a lot of x 6's to be short of water pumps!
Appreciate 0