View Single Post
      01-08-2009, 10:41 PM   #6
apollner
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 X6

I think it may be possible, but it will require a lot of patience and perseverance! I remember on a previous car order a few years ago I was interested in a paint color that was not on that car at that time. My dealer told me that it was possible to order--and pay for--a color outside of the normal line-up. And this was for a car from Germany!

So what I recommend is that you find a dealer that has an "in" with someone at the factory rather than just a plain old order taker. I would guess that the older more established dealers may have such staff. Again, this is going to require a lot of probing. You may also want to try and contact people at the delivery Spartanburg center. Someone else once told me that (during European delivery) they were able to change out their wheels.

Final thought. I too have sometimes wanted the "other" option, but I must say that depending on what color you choose, the shadowline may actually look nicer! I originally was going to go for the Vermillion Red which I thought would look great with chrome trim, though it wouldn't have been available with the sport package. Then at the last minute I decided to go for Mineral Silver, which with the shadowline trim creates a beautiful contrast! Ditto for the grill. I was ready to switch out the black grill for the titanium which I thought was a more attractive grill, but I must admit that the black grill offers better contrast to the Mineral Silver. In conclusion, you may want to revisit your ideas on color choices some more. I've attached a photo of mine.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0