12-01-2017, 07:22 AM   #10
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
Why can't we have nice things? Because I'm not willing to get raked over the coals with the ///M tax and/or overpay for something simple as an LED bulb?

There's hardly any aftermarket for this platform because we're the bastard child of the ///M community in that it was made for only like 3 years after they worked out some kinks from the chronically problematic N63 and before updating to the S63TU. Our engine is few and far between, plain and simple...there are plenty of owners who want to mod theirs, but the MARKET isn't there, NOT because they're afraid to come to the board and get there feelers hurt. Raza @ RK deserved a pitch fork because he screwed over a fellow board member here by making hollow promises, not delivering and overall taking advantage of someones courtesy...which he then used to profit from. I've worked in aviation since 1995, I've taken college classes to lay, vacuum seal, etc carbon fiber...there's NOTHING about his intakes that make them worth $1300+. Pricing aside, if you like dealing/defending people like that in the BMW community or demeanor in general, more power to you. I'm sure if you dropped that much money on his intakes though, he'd be super nice to you as well.
If this is your first ///M, you'll be mad for a long time. The M-tax is nothing new, and it's not limited to this platform. I know you frequent the F10 forums, so I know you know how much the MSR intake is...and they are NOT the only ones making intakes for that platform, and they still sell plenty of them.

Yes, these ARE few and far between, so shouldn't we be thankful and give credit to some of these vendors for taking the plunge to bring something to the market not knowing it will sell? I doubt Raza got rich off these.

You need to let this Raza thing go, you act like you held both of their hands through this whole ordeal. You read the same forum posts as me, picked a side, and ran with it. You don't know the facts, I don't know the facts. Let it die. Matter of fact, the guy involved was less upset than you. Just move on.

You were fortunate to get your hands on a custom intake for a great price, more power to you. Why are you mad? The rest of us are stuck with what's out there for sale, short of making one ourselves. I don't see MSR or BMS stepping up, to name a few. So if the ONLY intake on the market is $1300, then so be it. He's the only one providing the product so he get's to set the price. I made peace with my purchase.

Quote:
As I said, it's Seattle. I had to take multiple pics, move around, refocus, etc and I've still got plenty of overexposure in mine. I've had these bulbs in since near the end of summer (read: still sunny out) and they're plenty bright. Compare my pics and then click on the links in Lux's signature (here, I'll make it easy for you - http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...hp?p=21127883)...there's plenty of pics of different vehicles, different angles, differing background lighting, etc etc. There's only so much that can be done for a poor BMW design. They're not infinitely brighter and surely not worth 33x more for MAYBE being slightly brighter based on the perfect picture angle, exposure, etc.
We'll agree to disagree here. I never had the exact product you have and you don't have the product I have. I've had other eBay bulbs and they were trash. I've also had other, respected, $200 bulbs and they were thrash. Matter of fact, I would go as far as to say that the LUX 160s looked better than the 180s. My opinion is based on what I had, not on online pictures. We're all just wasting our money short of retrofitting, and we know it.

Quote:
Is LUX going out of business because of my few posts on one thread? Last I checked, these forums we're a place of discussion. Competition is motivation for improvement and price adjustments...all things that benefit the customer. I'm free to "blast" anyone I chose so long as I'm not being vulgar...them being a vendor doesn't make them immune from opposing opinions! It's easy to go above and beyond to make yourself look good when there's that kind of markup, and you are free to disagree with me because your financially vested in your defense of them. You should hear what I have to say about Comcast, but it sounds like you're against opinions on cheaper competition that could provide equal or better service for far less...that makes no sense to me.
Let me ask you this. Are you on eBay wheels? Why? I thought you're all about cheaper competition that provides equal or better service for far less? Didn't think so.

(...and before you say you got a good deal on used wheels...I know. I talked to the guy a few years ago when he was selling his truck but he wouldn't let them go separately. eBay wheels would have been cheaper, still.)

Trust me, I'm all about saving a buck. Give me the $400 eBay splitter over the $2000 popular one all day, every day...and this has nothing to do with ability to afford.

BUT, sometimes there just isn't another option...and sometimes, the cheaper product is not the better product.

This is a good debate, I like this. Have a good one, man!

Last edited by mirob; 12-01-2017 at 07:29 AM..
Appreciate 0