njw
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2 - LBB/6MT/Exec

Thumbs up Umm... yep, that's me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erio View Post
Point taken and that is why I mentioned the economic slump in the previous post. Well, I guess it was inevitable. Like I said though, I personally will never buy any SUV for the track. In my opinion they should be left for soccer moms, off roading, and those who would like a sports car but have no alternative.
IMO, that's exactly why they should be building this. Maybe I can shed some light on what type of customer would purchase this. In my case, I share a passion for both cars and motorcycles. Were I to finally pull the trigger and get an M3, then I would be sacrificing track days and trips to the mountains on my Duc. I know its an SUV, but it serves both needs of function and performance. I'll most likely never put it on the track, but to me that's not its purpose. To each his own opinion about why they should not being using the "M" badge, but... if they can build a more powerful, communicative, fun and inspiring driving experience than my current 4.4, I'll be one of the first in line.
Appreciate 0