08-23-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
Northern X5M
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 Tanzanite Blue M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Dot View Post
I have read a bunch of threads/posts on this, but can't seem to come to a conclusive answer. I know BMW recommends the 298M 19 inch set up for the X5M. The look of these wheels have grown on me over time. That said, I was thinking of putting on 20 inch style 214 wheels in black (replicas) with 275/40R Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snows all around. Call me crazy but I want the murdered look for the cold Canadian winter. I am somewhat concerned how the set up may look in the back, i.e. the wheel and tire not quite filling the entire wheel well, given how the fender flares. I guess we are only talking an inch or two of a shortfall, so I shouldn't be that picky?

I could have sworn I saw other members post pics of their X5s w/this specific winter set up (from either Calgary or Edmonton I recall), but can't seem to find it on the site?

Any opinions or pics of their X5Ms w/winter wheels/tires are certainly welcome.

Moreover, if anyone wants to recommend someone in the Toronto area who could price this stuff out for me, feel free to PM me. A buddy of mine w/a 335 recommended someone local to me & their prices seem pretty good.

Cheers,

T
Here are the 298M's with continentals. Awesome combo. With the shit storm we got last winter, I could punch it and these tires would bite down and hook pretty good. IMO a 275 is almost too wide for a winter tire, at least for conditions here. I wouldn't go bigger than a 255-265 personally. I love the 298M rims, a lot nicer than the stock 20's

BTW, I live not too far from a city snow storage yard, we still have a pile of snow about 15-20 feet tall. At its max it was about 80-100 feet tall.

Last edited by Northern X5M; 08-23-2011 at 07:34 PM..
Appreciate 0