10-25-2012, 10:15 PM   #18
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygel XXV View Post
Do you need the size of the X6? Because after a year and a half of driving it I'm certain I don't. But my family is just me, my wife, and our dogs, so not that big. I'm planning to trade in on an X4 or a Porsche Macan, maybe a year after they come out so I can avoid any first-year bugs. If you like gadgets in your car, then those two I'd expect to be slightly less luxuriously appointed, but I could be wrong. On the other hand, I'd also expect them to handle better. Maybe worth checking out?
I also would prefer something smaller than my X6. Its a daily driver for me and my 11yo son. However, its the vehicle that we take on trips with my sister's family and every time I end up with a 3-series loaner, I know darned well that our luggage would never come anywhere near fitting in that trunk. It fits in the X6 just perfect (so long I'm a stickler with my 16yo niece and her tendency to pack as much as the four of the rest of us put together).

I think that the X4 may be pretty cool, but I am pretty attached to my gadgets. I think what I want is: backup camera, iDrive (to run my ipod in style, of course), nav, HUD, soft close doors (THAT won't happen, but it doesn't take long to forget how to close doors. I just love 'em ), and a steering wheel that gets out of my way (that probably won't happen either). I'd say adaptive drive too, but that is probably so far off the table that its on a table in my neighbor's house.
Appreciate 0