12-07-2015, 08:07 PM   #31
Cattivo
FDNY Engine 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M, X5 50i Msport, EscaHoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
Do you have pics of your muffler delete setup and how did the power feel before and after? I've only got catless downpipes and a tune now, get a slight drone here and there that can be remedied with more throttle.

I'm doing the cliche thing everyone does when they spend money on parts by trying to justify our purchase and decision, be it good or bad. Either way I wanna delete the muffler for sake of flow and hearing the turbos more. I'm doing an x-pipe since it's supposed to add more depth to the exhaust note, but I'm thinking I should add or R&R the stock resonators for larger ones. Below is a pic from Turner Motorsports website and their exhaust system next to the factory piece. Other than being titanium with better bends, it looks like their resonators are larger as well. Quoted from their website "This “cat back” exhaust system is manufactured entirely from titanium. One of the most important changes is the incorporation of an X-pipe in the system. The inclusion of an X-pipe increases low to mid-range power while at the same time producing a deeper exhaust note that the original system lacks. Additionally, a pair of resonators are added to eliminate any chance of in-cabin droning." - http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-43...m-e71-x6m.aspx
To be perfectly honest with you, the straight pipes sounded great before I got a tune and catless dp's, it didn't add any noticeable gains in terms of hp/tq maybe 5hp???

Ever since I added the dp's and tune the truck now sounds ridiculously loud, having no type of exhaust restrictions the smell of gas is now unbearable...I am actually embarrassed to go above 3k rpm due to the exhaust note and people staring at me like I'm driving a pos truck...it sounds like I have my own personal trumpet player sitting in the back seat

I plan on getting an Akrapovic full exhaust in the very near future...if I were you I would cut the suitcase open on your stock exhaust and follow the same procedure ROBNYC did on his X5M
Attached Images

Last edited by Cattivo; 12-14-2015 at 04:36 PM..
Appreciate 1