10-08-2015, 09:36 AM   #36
yoandry
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX & X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatmizr View Post
YOANDRY:
Very interesting! So add AD Sway Bar malfunctions to the dying battery symptoms list... Terrific it went away though.

I have right around 4k miles on it so far. No detectable oil usage (according to the iDrive). I've only been daily driving it since school started, and even then its like 8 miles a day.

So your MPG went down! That's gotta be just that your current driving is not as efficient as before, or at least hasn't averaged out yet... I don't see how the new battery could affect that very much.
Anyway you are ahead of me, been stuck around 11mpg not counting trips outside of town. And its not improving... if anything I have been in the 10's lately. All rush hour driving in hilly city terrain.
Never mind about the mpg, it just need it some time to be adjust. I'm around 15s again in city.
About the oil usage. You are saying that the level haven't even move a drop from full in 4k miles? If its like that I guess there is something wrong. From full to low are like 4 drops. Do you know if you got the fuel pump replaced?, Some people here are saying that after the fuel pump got replace, went from adding 1 qt around 1k miles to 3k miles. Not sure the relation to the oil consume.