10-08-2015, 08:09 AM   #35
heatmizr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 50i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoandry View Post
Mine is 2011 and I did change the battery on Tuesday, so I paid for like $500 for 105 AH battery and software update as mine was using the 90 AH, factory one too. And the noise I had from the AD sway bar is gone now. With the old battery I was getting 12.4 after 15 miles travel then in the morning it was about 11.2. With the new one is 12.8 at 7pm 12.4 at 8am.

You have been in max oil level for 6 months but how many miles?

I was doing 15 mpg on city before changing the battery. Now that is reset is showing me 12.9 mpg.
YOANDRY:
Very interesting! So add AD Sway Bar malfunctions to the dying battery symptoms list... Terrific it went away though.

I have right around 4k miles on it so far. No detectable oil usage (according to the iDrive). I've only been daily driving it since school started, and even then its like 8 miles a day.

So your MPG went down! That's gotta be just that your current driving is not as efficient as before, or at least hasn't averaged out yet... I don't see how the new battery could affect that very much.
Anyway you are ahead of me, been stuck around 11mpg not counting trips outside of town. And its not improving... if anything I have been in the 10's lately. All rush hour driving in hilly city terrain.
e90 328i - sold
e36 M3 - Gone to become a track star
Appreciate 0