10-08-2015, 08:02 AM   #34
heatmizr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 50i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAX5 View Post
Did you do the N63 CCP campaign? You'll get a new battery ... (See attached battery SIB)

If for whatever reason you didn't, or you don't qualify (and there is NO REASON why you wouldn't), get yourself an intelligent battery charger (not a trickle charger), like a C-TEK or a Battery Tender (about $60) and charge for at least 48 hours. Key to your problem is "city driving". Your battery never gets charged! But it may be too late. Under charging AGM batteries is as bad as over charging!
Thanks Pax5,
Yes I was aware of that but also figured it would be up to the dealer for a final decision based on the condition of the battery.
Anyway, I got the CPO inspection paperwork before I purchased. On that it showed all the items they replaced as part of N63CCP -> battery not listed there. It also showed they tested the battery (as part of the CPO inspection) and it was rated in the middle (good, not great), indicating that likely it wasn't brand new.
Nevertheless, as to your comment I checked the battery this morning and it is a 105 ah AGM. So it had to have been replaced at some point, correct? I am guessing it was replaced in the 12 months prior to N63CCP and therefore not replaced a second time.
If I pull the battery out will it have an actual date on the side? I couldn't see one anywhere with it locked down in place.

Also thanks for the push on the charger, again I knew this but hadn't bothered yet. I am using an old Battery Tender (not sure if it was intended to be Motorcycle specific, but that is what I bought it for and been using it for). I think it simply reduces the charging when it detects a certain voltage. If the newer versions do anything beyond that, I'll look into picking one up.
e90 328i - sold
e36 M3 - Gone to become a track star

Last edited by heatmizr; 10-08-2015 at 08:17 AM..
Appreciate 0