View Single Post
      10-02-2015, 02:11 PM   #29
heatmizr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 50i M-Sport

In other news, I have been flirting with my battery. Since I bought it it has been showing me readings in the upper 11v range... Alarming! And yet I have had no indications of a low battery whatsoever.
I boosted it with an old-school charger for a couple hrs before a weekend trip once, and since then have connected a motorcycle trickle charger a few times here and there overnight. Over time I got it up over 12v, maybe 12.3. But my trickle charger I believe only puts out 12.5+ volts, so its not going any higher.

Had it off for a few weeks now, no issues still but this wknd I will check it again and probably leave it "trickling" for a couple nights.

Keep in mind this battery is the original, so if it did die it would not be that surprising. Regarding the dealers' stance on replacing them, maybe I ought to NOT charge it, to ensure I get to that point before my warranty is up in Feb?

I did buy one of those Jebsen cigarette lighter voltage monitor things. Its not showing that the car is not charging sufficiently; on the contrary, it appears to be flowing plenty of voltage almost all the time.

Going on 6 months now and NO CHANGE to oil level indicated in the iDrive. Still at Max. Hmm, does it ever show higher than max? If the dealer overfilled it, would it just read Max even though its going down until such time the oil goes below that?

Mileage with almost all city driving in rush hour, short trips daily, in sitting at just under 12 mpg. I do try to be smooth and judicious with the pedal mostly, but then a couple dips into the throttle wipes out all that gentle driving. Mmmmmmm...
e90 328i - sold
e36 M3 - Gone to become a track star
Appreciate 0