08-24-2015, 05:27 PM   #24
heatmizr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 50i M-Sport

TAG you're hit

August update

Well it had to happen. I've suffered damages... I curbed my driver rear wheel exiting the parking deck at work - ridiculously tight s-curve with curbing that sticks out too far. ARGH. This was inevitable...
But what WASN'T inevitable (or maybe it was) was that some TWAT hit my rear bumper while parallel parking. What the hell is wrong with ppl that can't drive? And worse, can't take responsibility for damage they caused! No note, no nothing. I went to my kids t-ball game, parked, returned home and saw this after parking in my garage.
It's not horrible, but G.D. it... Was pretty much perfect before.

Ok, bitch session is over and I am over it. I am not going to invoke any insurance claim, just gonna buff it or whatever my body shop buddy tells me to do with it. I figure some other jackass will hit it again if I spend too much on the repair. (I've been hit 4-5 times since moving here, always someone else's fault.) If/when they do, I'll do a more thorough repair.

Name:  X5 bumper damage sm.jpg
Views: 1020
Size:  77.4 KB

On the plus side, I don't seem to be burning any oil. Last time I checked it was still pegged at MAX after a couple thousand miles. Will check again soon.

I have noticed that this car feels so much better when driving it hard. Its a bit stiff and inelegant at slower speeds, but it really comes into its own if you drive it like a sports sedan
e90 328i - sold
e36 M3 - Gone to become a track star

Last edited by heatmizr; 10-02-2015 at 01:54 PM..
Appreciate 0