Bmwlvr60
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 28i

Garage List
2014 BMW 528ix  [0.00]
2013 BMX X3 28i  [0.00]
I realize that colors, materials, options, and the cars themselves are all a matter of personal taste. I think the Q5 is a good looking vehicle. Same with the MDX and RDX and many others. This time around I wanted the BMW X3 and since I bought one I'm looking forward to driving it around since it drives better than any other SUV out there in many people's opinions including my own. I think it's a great looking vehicle and has terrific technology. That said I'm a little bit concerned after driving "Bullet Proof" Japanese vehcicles for many years that this X3 may have reliability issues. I really don't want to have too close a relationship with the BMW service people even though they'd be paying for issues. My time is too valuable to me.

Which brings me to the Roof Rails. The sales guy mistakenly ordered our X3 with Aluminum Roof Rails. My wife and I hate that look so much we made them order us a new X3. I'm not sure why someone would want to draw attention to them, but like I stated it's a matter of taste. With a black or dark color car the first thing that you'd notice would be the Aluminum Roof Rails- Deep Sea Blue is our color. They're big and bright and stand out over the body of the car. With a silver or light colored car- not as much. Just one man's opinion.
Appreciate 0