03-10-2013, 11:24 PM   #3
1HOT BMR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car-less and shopping +'12 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTIN335 View Post
Also the sound quality of my XM radio seems to be really low. It has a tinny sound, and lacks bass. The standard radio stations sound better than the sat radio. I tried resending the activation signal, but I'm not sure if it ever arrived. I didn't get a message on the idrive or any sort of confirmation. If it did arrive, the quality didn't change. I'm asking because I'm wondering if I have some sort of factory issue with my speakers. Like some aren't completely connected, and disconnect over bumps or something weird like that (I really have no idea).
I like the way you describe it like it is a factory issue with your speakers Sirius/XM is the absolute worst value because of what they charge for the worst possible sound you can have coming out of your speakers, tons of commercials and/or self promoting spots and . . . did I say dismal sound?
They also play all kinds of games with their pricing offers and their schemes to keep you paying for their service. Like renewing your subscription automatically and then sending you the bill when you specifically avoid giving them your CC number to prevent this. They did it to me on my last car even though I had paid for my subscription with a check and got assurances from the Sirius staff person that I would get a renewal notice.

My guess is that there is nothing wrong with your car. Insert your favorite CD into the slot and see how your system sounds
Appreciate 0