View Single Post
      03-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #1
JUSTIN335
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i m-sport

HD Radio/SiriusXM issues???

I'm not sure if my radio is functioning correctly, hopefully you guys have some input. Sometimes when listening to the radio, the sound output seems to shift around, like the balance/fade is being adjusted slightly. Is this the HD radio losing reception, and shifting to regular radio? It's like when you turn off the surround sound option in the option menu, and the source of the sound seems to shift.
I read other HD radio complaints about having a slight delay/echo effect with the loss of HD, but I've never experienced this.

Also the sound quality of my XM radio seems to be really low. It has a tinny sound, and lacks bass. The standard radio stations sound better than the sat radio. I tried resending the activation signal, but I'm not sure if it ever arrived. I didn't get a message on the idrive or any sort of confirmation. If it did arrive, the quality didn't change. I'm asking because I'm wondering if I have some sort of factory issue with my speakers. Like some aren't completely connected, and disconnect over bumps or something weird like that (I really have no idea).

Issues resolved
1.) the fading in and out is the radio switching between HD and standard radio, theres icon in the top right of the iDrive screen that shows this
2.) Sirius XM sucks. Everyone was right about that

Last edited by JUSTIN335; 09-04-2013 at 01:03 AM..
Appreciate 0