View Single Post
      03-09-2014, 09:13 PM   #8
ADGrant
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdi14 View Post
Hey all I have a '11 128i. Great car, while it was being serviced they gave me a loaner '13 BMW X5 35i for the week. My opinion of the suv was that it was fun, high up and a nice car. I didn't like:. Fuel consumption was horrible, $90 to fill up sucked, compared to my now $45-50 to fill up the 1 series. Another thing I thought $50k for the suv was a little absurd, I mean, it is a nice suv but kinda boring for 50k.
The extra space was nice considering I have a growing family. But to be honest, I don't think the X5 is worth the money. Just seems like a normal SUV to me.

My 1 series is great and I've had minor things taken care of by my warranty, the major one being a new differential.

So for a second car I was looking at used X5's online and some of them are kinda cheap with low miles. But I read articles online that said people should stay away from used x5's because of the repairs etc.

What do you all think of a used X5 ?
Will it be reliable or just a money pit ?
It will probably be no more reliable than your 128, if you had to pay for those warranty repairs you might not be so happy with that car.
Appreciate 0