View Single Post
      03-29-2016, 07:23 PM   #65
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep
Drives: Incoming G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiten
Very sorry for your loss and have been there myself. I've also had to look at these things recently for my own estate and have been on the other side as well.

FWIW, there is a clear break down on what steps needed to be done and by whom. Unfortunately if the probate laws in the state governing the estate do not insulate the estate or its beneficiaries from responsibility of the debt, the dealer not reporting the vehicle as voluntarily returned for early lease termination, as you stated, began a process that will be complex and emotionally aggravated.

As soon as the first payment was missed, the clock began ticking on what language becomes effective and which department is assigned the matter.

In this case currently, this appears to have been deemed a Breach of Contract and repossession rather than an Early Termination Agreement which needed to be handled by the Executor on behalf of the estate and it's beneficiaries to insure the procedures were followed.

The department you and your mother are dealing with now is the Collections Department and they normally do not handle this type of situation as it is generally resolved by FS Customer Service well before that departmental handover.

It's going to take a top-level department head at Collections to begin to undo this entire situation I'll PM you the contact info for just such a person, but suggest the attorney handle the communications.
Fantastic, greatly appreciate it! From a 20,000 foot view, that seems to sum up what happened entirely.

Read...no drive, the manual.
Appreciate 0