View Single Post
      03-25-2016, 02:30 PM   #61
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep
Drives: Incoming G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes
You got seriously taken advantage of. They probably would have done it anyway, but companies often push for extra $$ when there's a death since it's obvious that the customer isn't in their right mind. It's fucked up but that's how it is. I'd first say talk to a lawyer but if you knew any you'd have done that immediately. You have grounds to sue but it won't be worth it unless you have a friend file for pennies. So, if anyone else reads this and doesn't want to have the same thing happen, but you aren't interested in hiring a lawyer, here's what you need to do:

1) figure out your case then state it confidently and repeatedly going up the management chain as necessary. That last part is not optional, it is essential if you are to succeed because often lower down nobody gives a shit. All this is reverse customer service 101 but nobody knows how to do it!! I can all but guarantee that if you politely used this methodology the situation would not have proceeded as you described. You would have instead gotten a verbal / written apology and only been on the hook maximum for what the contract stated.
Ummm. We did this. First customer service experience was very cordial and they told me we could return the car to dealership and would have to pay lease end damages only (dings...etc), payments would go away.

That's what we did. Dealership agreed that's all we had to do. Returned the car.

About a month later got a $3000 bill from BMWFS for 1 missed payment that was sent the DAY after payment was missed...this prompted call #2 to BMWFS. Talked to an arrogant know-it-all rep who himself told me we were given wrong information and because we voluntary gave up the car then this would happen. This is not in writing anywhere in the contract by the way. Asked to bump it up and he refused. Told me his manager is right next to him nodding and won't speak with me.

My brother in law then called (I live 8 hrs away) and got a manager who basically said we were given wrong information but it will likely just "go away"...and now situation is described as above. We have names, times, notes from each call.

Do some research yourself about BMWFS. They are ruthless. They get themselves in trouble all the time for stuff like this. They can't answer questions appropriately, give misinformation, and can't even follow their own rules/contracts. Whatever. This will get taken care of. They will continue to do this to others, it's obviously in their DNA. I wouldn't wish having to deal with this company on anyone, let alone voluntarily.

I know they have to deal with a lot of "stupid people" and that's the way they act the way they do. They're going for high volume and they're a lease machine of overpriced vehicles riding a luxury brand name. So they kinda have to be ruthless to avoid huge losses since people like my dad can get his hands on one (and loved every minute of it). But I am far from stupid or naive on business strategy/structure/operations (maybe so far that I am )....I imagine most in this situation just roll over. Not rolling. Not amused.

Read...no drive, the manual.
Appreciate 0