01-10-2016, 01:03 PM   #45
jaye944
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a

ok,
AFAIK and as a general rule of thumb

Just because you die it doesn't mean your DEBTS go away.

Generally the ESTATE of the deceased owes any money,

I believe what happens, is AFTER Funeral costs (if they have already been allotted say in the will) then ANY debts to any 3rd parties are paid from the estate.

THEN anything else goes according to the last W&T

It is entirely possible that BMW are owed money, BUT GET ACTUAL LEGAL ADVISE for your state/country.

It is also up to the deceased's executor to DEAL with this if one was appointed, if not the courts will decide. IF he died intestate the courts WILL decide.

It is also possible that BMW will not want to be seen to be pursuing a poor widow through the legal system just for a couple of lost payments, and could write it off. It's not good PR, and I would make the point VERY aware to them.

I feel your pain; I lost my Dad and had to deal with family infighting; he died in Canada and not home; so I had to fork out nearly 10k for funeral and stuff; I think I claimed back half of that eventually;

Got screwed by my own sisters , yes you def. know whos your friend when somone dies, trust me.

HTH

RIP to you Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhk118 View Post
then she will be responsible for the difference which will likely be in excess of $10,000. He other options would be to sell the car herself, resume the lease, or trade it in on a new lease or purchase.
Appreciate 0