04-21-2009, 12:10 AM   #18
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
What no new iDrive and you ordered it anyway , what's this forum coming too..hehe

Anyway.. first I read it was going to be full browsing capabilities then just search then sounded like full. Maybe someone that has/gets new iDrive can tell us what it supports.

Update: shenard looks like you are correct USA will not get full browser, excerpt from recent review on new 7 series:
"The only AWOL option is the full Internet access available to Europeans. For now, liability concerns will keep Americans from posting chocolate-covered-baby photos on Facebook while at the wheel. But next year, BMW will roll out the first all-wheel-drive 7-Series in the model's five generations."
WHAT ??? shenard dared to order his NEW X6 without the NEW iDrive??? How dare he!!!

I don't know what's wrong with him

Anyway, the browsing function will be available in the near future but not in current or new iDrive systems (including the new iDrive in the new 7 series). Good thing is that it will only take a simple software update to get that function working
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0