12-20-2008, 06:17 PM   #5
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by archwerks View Post
When i ordered mine @ the Canadian debut, sales people didn't even know what options are available in canada.
Confusion between us/canadian website reigned supreme.
For me, Worldwide Marketing dept. for BMW x6 is not coordinated well when it came to the most important 12", the order contract.
Wonder if their "Individual" program would be any better.
Not really. I added some additional options to the car that are not part of the options listed in the Canadian brochure of the car. I had also asked to get some options of the individual line. The answer to that was that I would need to take 'all' of the individual options and not just one or two. That really ticked me off.

I wanted the individual leather option for the seats, but NOT the steering wheel with the wood inlays. I prefer the standard steering wheel with the heated option (the individual steering wheels are NOT heated!). I also wanted the aluminum trim instead of the shadow line trim. Again, they told me that I can't do this unless I get 'all' of the individual options... It's their 'everything has to come in a package' mentality that really bugs me. I mean every option has to be specified for production anyway. Even if they specify a package, the package still specifies every single item...

So WHY can't they just let us choose what we want (e.g. same as available to Germany)???
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0