Benstuck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i N55 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by W///
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
My father just donated their 1998 4Runner with 333k on the ticker. Sad day since that was pretty much my first car but that thing was an absolute tank. Even on donation day it fired right up with no smoke or roughness.

My brother, the one with the 2014 Tacoma, just picked up a new 4Runner. I wouldn't call it pretty (unlike the 1998, which I still think is a great looking car) and it's comically lacking all competition in tech and comfort but he's hopeful he will keep it for 16 years, like the one we just sent packing.
Awesome. I got a 97 4Runner myself. Bought it for $3k thinking it only had 157k miles, which would have made that the deal of the century (it's a V6, guy selling thought it was a 4 cyl).

Like a dumbass, I didn't check the Carfax, so when I looked, the last registration was something like 275k miles

That's the great thing about these cars. As long as Toyota didn't mess up their formula, it shouldn't have any problems at all driving around in 20 years. I like the new GMG Canyon, but how do you argue against a proven truck that been around for so long. Personally, I can definitely see myself getting a 6MT Tacoma int he future.
yeah that's why I'm hesitant about newcomers like GM and Chevy in this kind of market because they havent been able to knock the Tacoma off. Same thing about when GM introduced the Solstice as a competitor to the Miata and it didn't work then.
Appreciate 0