infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChapsX5M View Post
Hi,

Great info and thread below. I'm contemplating doing the mod but still on the fence. I drive with the M button pushed every time I get in the car. I like the sound and do it for the shortening of the throttle for the performance as well. That said I would have the M button pushed all the time.

All these questions are related to the MODIFICATIONS already being completed:

How loud is it INSIDE the cabin when you hit the M button compared to when you don't? I know you wrote outside it much louder but how much louder is it inside. Someone wrote 3 to 4 times as loud but I wasn't sure if that meant outside or inside.

Also, knowing I drive on M all the time would that be a bit much compared to the regular non M sound since everyone seems to only hit the M every once in a while?

Also, my muffler guy is not sure how long this will take but said it's a LOT of work at $80 an hour. The threads show it's a 3 hour job or perhaps 4 hours. How many hours has everyone been billed out?
Do it well worth it, should run around 500 or less, move the m side to the non m side and straight pipe the m side ... done and done... if you are going to run cat less dps then it's way too loud but if not it's great