View Single Post
      11-15-2017, 03:06 PM   #35
philly42
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5M, Z3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrytroop22 View Post
Dealer is replacing the two side vent hoses for me under the extended warranty from BMW NA, so I'm not sure if they are officially covered, but they are covering them for me.
Glad to hear they are covering it! I may replace the MAP sensors this winter. If so I'll get a better idea if disconnecting the hose from the bottom is easy.

The check-valves that are built into vent-pipe 13717848152 can fail with oil and film. Over time oil can build-up and create a blockage. Keep in mind the hose size for the check valves are around ¼ of an inch. It doesn’t take much to clog that. When clogged it could cause the throttle valve to open more than intended at idle. This would also trigger a check engine light.

My point is that there’s a high probability the issue is with the check-valve vent piece and not the side vents. Though I do understand when paying someone to fix a problem, multiple repair visits usually cost more than just one. So if you just want to be sure everything is fixed, replace all the hoses.

When I was troubleshooting my issue, I replaced one component at a time to narrow down the true cause. The failing part turned out to be the check-valve that connects to the top hose.
Attached Images

Last edited by philly42; 11-15-2017 at 03:22 PM..
Appreciate 1
m5james431.00