Cattivo
FDNY Engine 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M, X5 50i Msport, EscaHoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerboy63 View Post
Congrats on the X5M!
My favorite color (outside of Space Gray, of course!)
Definitely go for a tune.

Launch control: M mode, Transmission in Sport mode. Hold brake pedal and steadily rev engine above 3k. When the checkered flag appears in the information display between the speedo and tach, immediately release the brake and stomp the accelerator. This is much like the old "line-lock" technique we used in high school when we were drag-racing our friends, so expect to be catapulted when you release the brake.

I have found the best setup for all out optimal performance is in M mode combined with Sport Mode; NOT Manual Mode (because you'll be banging into the rev limiter if you're not very careful). This setup keeps the optimal revs for track use and spirited driving. I tried this at VIR and was seriously impressed. I don't know how, but in this mode, the X5M always knew exactly when to downshift to keep the revs up for maximum performance during braking, turn ins and corner exits... really exciting.

Personally, I always run in M mode, just not Sport mode unless I know I'm really going to use it, otherwise you will find yourself riding around town high revving like you are ready to pounce on anything that moves.... a little overkill in daily driving IMO.

Enjoy, my friend!
Thanks brother...For launch control I put it in M mode, the tranny into sport mode, held the brake and floored it instead of easing it up to 3k rpm...I'll give that a try today. Funny you mentioned the old high school days, I had a Grand National and thats exactly how i use to launch it, i should of known better lol. As far as daily driving i've noticed if i'm in M mode and sport mode it's way too angry and jumps like crazy, definitely overkill. Thanks again, i appreciate the advice
Appreciate 0