View Single Post
      12-22-2008, 10:28 PM   #58
218dhb
Head in Th Sky!
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si Roadster

I would of traded the car in after the first time, but if anyone wants something bad enough they can steal it lots of ways.

My buddies X5 was stolen in front of his work one day, i talked to him the day after and then Called my brother (who works at the BMW dealer around here). firs thing my Brother said when he picked up the phone was "why is Johns X5 in our lot?"...
turns out it was his Ex girlfriend that called the Dealer and sent out the tow truck claiming to be the owner and had the X5 towed back to the Dealer..

she got the Idea from when the morons who stole my Old Ford probe out of my work parking lot, call up AAA and tell them you need the car towed cause you lost your keys..then call them and say you had to leave for work with a friend and to just drop off the car infront of your fake house..which AAA already has cause you joined them months earlier with the to be stolen cars Vin# and a fake name and fake address...
funny thing is the Tow company and AAA claimed no fault of their own when they did steal my Probe..

I found my probe three days later from driving around the allies while hitting my stock remote horn button, sure enough i heard my car beep at me from the morons garage. morons cut the After market alarm off but left the battery in which is why my stock remote still worked..and yes they pleaded guilty to Possession of stolen goods which is a Felony! I had a good idea of where to look cause there was a well known Probe owner on the block over from where the car was dropped off, he was well known for being a thieve actually.

my point of the story is they will getting into your car when and where they want! a camera setup will do nothing but catch a blurry face of the people (cameras using night vision crap led's always give a blurry crappy image). I would just trade the car in esp if you have the funds to live in a nice neighborhood, the only one who is getting the headache is you and your wife...is keeping the car really worth it?

after i got my probe back it was broken into three times and stolen again (which the police found the same day), this all happened in 2001ish, in 2003 i traded it in with 25k miles (car was a 1997) and stripped my garage of the 6 cameras and security system cause i never drove it anymore knowing what would happen to it if i did...what a headache and a waste of thought and time keeping that car was.
Appreciate 0