View Single Post
      03-24-2016, 12:57 AM   #7
bmwstve
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X6, MHD Stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by msginnie View Post
This noise should not be ignored. Ignoring allows the problem to get worsen. To work fan properly it is needed to be kept clean and to be properly maintained. If you follow below mentioned steps it will help in removing the sound:-
- In AC debris is to be removed around blades.
- If the problem is not debris then the cause is loose blades also. It will be better to tight it.
- Check that fan blades are straight.
- Lubricate the motor in case of humming or grinding noise.
- Noise is due to loose screw also. Mounting screws that are holding the unit in place can also be loosened as the unit operates. Both situation will produce rattling sounds. This can be tight with screw driver.
- It may also be due to coil fins clogged with dirt. This dirt is to be removed with vacuum cleaner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrazy View Post
Mine ended up being the condenser...apparently really common on our vehicles...in fact when i dropped off they were already doing another X. sound is quiet now.
Actually the noise went away on its own so i leave it as it is for now. BUT the fan speed isnt that powerful even when it is on max speed. The shop said that they'll have to remove the whole dash board to see whats the problem. And the labor itself costs alot of money...
Appreciate 0