View Single Post
      09-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #7
MonteCarloX5///M
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 Monte Carlo Blue X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toneaero View Post
I run the OEM 20s staggered with pirelli snow/ice tires too. Great tire for a winter only application.
Do you mean the Pirelli Scorpion Ice run-flat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35 View Post
As long as all four tires are the same overall diameter the AWD system will be fine. I have seen winters in 275/40-20 and 315/35-20 I have also seen a buddy run 275/40 on all four tires. You could also run a 275/45 or 275/50 it will throw your speedo a few km/hr but not hurt your AWD..obviously the closer to stock the better.
Last year I ran continental DWS all seasons and they were awesome in the snow, I planned on running winters but we had an early snow storm and I had the DWS on and they did so good I kept them on. I will run them again this winter I was so impressed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthShoreM3 View Post
The DWS is an awesome all season tire. OP the performance difference alone you will feel on them will be very rewarding. Not to mention a good weight savings. I just put them on my X5m and they are tremendous. Car feels so much better and the ride quality is greatly improved
So the general feeling is the conti DWS? In a square (275)? or the stock staggered sizes?
Appreciate 0