06-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #11
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon View Post
Come on, there is Hamman, G-power, Lumma, BMW Msport, and the BMw aero kit as well as a bunch of others, when did cost come into this? If you want to modify, there are options.

The majority of the time, its simply to make your vehicle look like an M model when its not. I came from the m3 community too, the majority of the time you saw things like this were not on m3forum, but on e46fantatics. (I never got into the E9X M forums). Not sure if you go that far back, but there was a huge difference in culture of the two forums.

The answer to all of this is simple, if you want X5M body parts, buy an X5M.
We will have to agree to disagree.

And you are WRONG! There are NO aero options produced by any of those companies that will work with an OEM M-Sport bumper to my knowledge (..and I'm not a fan of the typical gaudy work produced by Hamann or G Power for their full front bumpers). I've spent a lot of time looking, and have been to all of So.Cal's most popular tuner shops as I was a frequent customer when I owned the M3's. If there was something to be had, I'd have it! The BMW Aero kit is for NON-M Sport trucks like yours (..and it's an unattractive kit IMHO anyway). Trust me on this! What's worse is that the X6 got an OEM aggressive bumper and splitter option (...see pics below; similar to an X6M bumper, but there are some differences), but the X5 wasn't given the same option. I feel like BMW dropped the ball because it's a good looking kit.

As for "going way back"....yes, I've been on Fanatics since the dawn of that forum. I'm a mod on that forum as well.

...and I didn't want an X5M, otherwise I would have purchased one. I really could do without the X5M bumper, BUT when there are no other aesthetic options for an X5 from any of the major players that fit my tastes and no options that work with the OEM M-Sport front bumper, I have to do what I have to do. Call me a poser driving a fake X5M all you want. I am not trying to pass it off as such. So again, we'll agree to disagree.

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 06-28-2013 at 02:59 PM..
Appreciate 0