motex
2020 Mineral White 30d MSport
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mineral White 30d MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeperofbeasts View Post
How can the new Cayenne Turbo be cheaper than the X6M? They are way expensive here in the US....unless you are talking about the old body style 2011?
The car was brand new, but you are right, I made some research and for my own surprise the new model has a MSRP $225k US dollars, also the X6M price increased tro $210k but if you dont trade any car, you get it at $200k flat

Here is how it works here, there is only 1 dealer per brand, he can have as many branches but the owner is just 1 company. Since our market is so small, dealers have to make a good profit in order to sustain the business, I know that in the US profits per car are much much lower than here.

BMW is the #1 premium brand here, BMW change ownership just 4 years ago, they invested millions of dollars in infrastructure, and the results are starting to show up, you will have a BMW dealer close to you if you live in the East or West of San Jose with small repair shops too, if you need a bigger service, they will tow your car to the main dealership which is a huge facility in the middle of the east and west locations, for my own luck, I live within walking distance to the west dealership, so when I have to go for regular service, I walk back to my home, thats great for me at least.

Porsche in the other end is the worst selling premium brand, the owner is the former BMW owner that put BMW here in bankrupcy 6 years ago.......I heard they sell less than 50 cars per year, mostly the new Cayennes Diesel, maybe a couple of Cayenne Turbo's and maybe 1 or 2 911's......service and parts are just a nightmare, he is running the business like he did with the old BMW dealership, and is heading in the same direction.....

Last edited by motex; 02-09-2013 at 08:54 AM..
Appreciate 0