11-20-2017, 06:53 AM   #3
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
I'm confused? LUX bulbs are typically used in 2011 and earlier models w/ the OEM halogen coronas. Do you know if LUX are even compatible with the 2012 models - the 2012 corona is a completely different design from the 2011 and earlier, I don't think it even has an actual bulb, just the LED rings. I had LED coronas retrofitted on my E90 M3, and there's no longer a bulb like I had prior to the retrofit when it was a halogen corona.

Even if they are compatible, why would you use those? I'd like to see this, if even possible, because the LUX look like crap, IMO, compared to the 2012+ coronas.

In regards to your question, not sure where you access them at. But if the OEM setup is anything like the LED retrofit on my M3, there is no bulb, just the LED rings wired up.

Keep us posted what you find out!
Not all 2012's came with the LCI setup in the front, some early models carried the halogen setup over.

I have the Lux 180s and I agree, they aren't even close to the factory LCI's. However, I wouldn't call them crap. They are better than anything else out there, definitely better than the stock setup...aside from retrofitting, of course.
Appreciate 0