View Single Post
      06-27-2009, 10:13 AM   #7
meruyailir
Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: E90 325, E70 X5 3.0

I just had the same problem? How did they fix it? Did they have to open up the central console to replace the faulty parts? I'd hate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoney View Post
I'll try to post some pictures soon of the tool.

Essentially what it is an orange tool that looks like a "T" with the left side of the handle (the left of the "T") longer than the right.

The bottom has has a groove similar to that on the head of a hammer to pull a nail out; and that's kinda what you do.

When you open the back door, and you remove the floor panel, you'll notice the tool box in front of the spare tire. (If you have a spare, which you won't if you went with the third row seat option).

Then you remove the left panel, and there towards the left most inner portion of the space exposed by removing the panel, you'll see what looks like a nail head. You use the groove on the orange tool, like you would a hammer, and pull that "nail" upwards with a strong tug. If done correctly, you'll notice the cable come out upwards when you pull, AND you'll feel the cable unlatch/click, thus releasing the parking prake.