View Single Post
      05-18-2009, 11:08 AM   #4
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoney View Post
Late this evening, I came back to my X5 to find that while I could put the car in drive, it wouldn't move and I got the "brake malfunction" message.

Not sure what to do, I tried the SOS BMW assist button (I've never used it) but it would stay on "waiting to call" for a long time and finally it said that the call failed. It did this three times so I wasn't able to use BMW Assist - so that's another issue there.

Finally I figured out how to manually release the brake using the tool in the back, but I'm concerned that although it released, something could've damaged on the drive home.

BMW Roadside Assistance said "no", but do you guys have any thoughts? The yellow "Park" light remained on even after I released the parking brake.

Has this happened to anyone here, that can share your thoughts with me. As I said, I'm concerned with any damage by either the manual release of the brake, driving it home after releasing it, and the fact the BMW Assist failed.

Thanks guys ahead of time for your comments.
Tell me more about the tool you used to manually relase the brake. Just curious as I have not read that part of the manual.