11-27-2012, 09:14 AM   #11
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw246 View Post
whats per center del? im going to order an x6 in the next few months and the dealer mentioned it and didn't really explain...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ep99 View Post
I think you are talking about BMW performance center delivery program offered in South Carolina (USA)

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...ehicledelivery

Or you can take the European delivery at BMW Welt.
Good catch!

If it's Performance Center Delivery that bmw246 was referring to, that makes sense. Normally it's referred to by the acronym, PCD.

Do note, however, that the X6 is built here in the states in Spartanburg, SC, and therefore is not available for European Delivery. But you can do Performance Center Delivery with any BMW even after you did an ED with the same car.

Performance Center delivery allows you to fly up to Greenville, South Carolina to take delivery of your new car. They give you a "similar" car to drive around various track and driving exercises designed to help you learn about your new car's driving, handling, and braking. These include slalom, skidpad, braking exercises, etc.

There's also a BMW museum and I think you get to tour the factory and watch them put a BMW together.

Then you get to road trip it home!

This is exactly what I will be doing - pretty excited about it to say the least. By the time I get home to Florida, my new baby should be pretty much all broken in.

I'm still only unsure about one thing, which is whether you get to go out on the actual road course and actually drive a few laps yourself around the track. I'd love to do that. Either way I am sure it will be an awesome experience.
Appreciate 0