Myaddiction
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6M

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerboy63 View Post
Updates please! I want to know more about the pure turbos.... Did you notice any improvement with them right out of the box?
Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been out of the country for quite a few months.

As for out of the box, the Stage 1 Pure turbos did not make any noticeable difference with the stock tune or with the AA stage 2 tune. I think Stage 1 is pretty worthless on these. The our turbos are basically the same as the N63 but with a larger compressor. The turbine is the same size.

The Pure stage 1 takes the compressor and makes it larger again but leaves the turbine the same size. You can see with the stock turbos the power falls off pretty quickly. It still does the same with the stage 1's. The turbine is just too small and the back pressure is killing any flow gains from the compressor up top.

I did these because Pure will upgrade stage 1's to Stage 2's for the price difference and the Stage 2's weren't out at the time. So I recommend if you're getting turbo upgrades do not waste your time on these and go with the stage 2's. Of course they are 5k so now you are getting deep into the gains vs cost calculation. No one has made much power beyond the tune and DP point and talked about it at least on the E70/71 platform. Not to mention what the drivetrain can take.

I stand behind if you want to go faster then the tune and DP point on this platform just trade it in for the new 2014+ X5/X6M. The S63TU is a much better motor to start with, not to mention the rest of the truck.
Appreciate 1
protecon193.00