View Single Post
      10-04-2013, 07:33 AM   #8
Spaceballs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 Space Grey X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge1 View Post
In some places, like Pacific Northwest, it rains most of the year, 40F half a year.
Summer tires fail at such low temperatures, and winter tires are too noisy. Not to mention there's no snow.

So, all seasons make sense. People here drive around on all seasons for 2-4 years straight. I personally do not know a single person who switches tires between snow and summer.

I recently put 18" Continental DWS. Extremely happy with them. Zero hydroplanning on wet roads (unlike the Bridgestone RFTs), and we here in Seattle know what wet roads are.
Well you dont know me personally, but I do it on all my vehicles, even my X5m. Last year we had 37" of snow in 1 storm....no way all seasons would get through that. Even with the usual 6-12" of snow here in 1 storm, you would not want AS tires on an x5m. In your area where all you get is rain, its a different story, although most people use all season where you may get light occasional snow. I've never considered an AS for rain, really? Get a tire made for dry/wet and you'll be fine.