01-05-2010, 11:54 AM   #18
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmPower View Post
But there again you missed the point of what he said. I quote 'this car was made by a world for a world that no longer exists'. I think this is where he hit the nail on the head. Most people today who are willing to spend his kind of money would rather get something more all rounded than something so specific. Don't get me wrong. I love the X6, and would consider one for a replacement for the 335, but pragmatically, I would rather have a 4 wheel drive X5, Q5, Q7, GL, X3... hell even an allroad A4/A6 if they ever got them here

Well I guess it comes down to what the definition of "more all rounded than something so specific" is , which would depend on what you use your vehicle for.

There isn't any place an X5 can go that an X6 can't but people would argue that it can carry more cargo and people, I don't need to carry more cargo or people so for me even an X5 would not be more "all rounded".

'this car was made by a world for a world that no longer exists', I guess that comes down to what world you live in.
Appreciate 0