View Single Post
      01-09-2018, 07:43 AM   #9
frankenm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12' X5M, 99 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by procheap909 View Post
Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum. I just recently purchased a 2013 x5m and was told I have a cpo that would cover me until 2019. The dealer that sold me the M was not a bmw dealer but I was assured by them I would have warranty cpo coverage. Fast forward I had a high battery drain last weekend took it to my bmw dealer and I was told the cpo warranty wad not under my name and cannot be transferred to me even though there is only 69000 miles on th M. Also I was told it while look at past history this past may looKS like a claim with puma was filed for an engine cause being a rod bearing issue. Has anyone heard of any if these issues and if so what are some steps that I should take? I like the vehicle but it can be costly without a warranty and also why would an engine go at 60k when it was in shop for all regular maintenance?
The only way to get a CPO warranty is if you A) buy it directly from a BMW dealer as CPO B) Purchase is directly from the owner and they transfer the CPO to you.

You cannot have a CPO warranty transfer if you purchase the vehicle from a non-BMW dealer ...

Did you get the warranty will transfer in writing? If not your shit out of luck my friend.

Any specifics on what the issue was exactly, I haven't heard much of the S63 having major engine problems.

Appreciate 0