View Single Post
      04-18-2017, 12:52 AM   #9
Googone20
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5, 2007 M6

Day 3: Saturday. My number one objective of Saturday was to remove the horrid pinstriping that had been done to the car. This things were on the car damn good too. I tried Laquer Thinner, but that literally did nothing. I tried oven cleaner, and that did basically nothing. Even tried letting it sit for extended periods of time, and still nothing.

After trying several different things, I found the only way to get rid of them was with my orbital and Meg's 105. I used a orange foam cutting pad. I had to let a lot of heat build up in order to flatten the pinstripe out, and eventually it disappeared once you got down to the clear. This process took some time, as they still did not want to come off easily.

After I finally got all the nasty pinstripes off, I installed the rear lowering links.

Not fully settled yet. I may go a little lower in the rear.

Final pictures after driving around a bit. My spacers and my OEM Aero Kit are being shipped to me this week from ECS Tuning. Should be throwing both on asap. I'll fit the kit first, and then take the lips back off to have them painted by my favorite body shop. I am also going to get a quote for the front bumper including painting the reflectors. This way it will be a perfect match to the bumper, and I can also have them fill the holes that were drilled for the front plate mount. I will also probably have them do a couple touch-ups, and wet sand and cut the entire car. We will see what the quote is, and if I feel motivated enough to do it myself.

2005 Ninja 636 Lime Green
Appreciate 0