05-28-2015, 03:52 PM   #7
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipso_facto View Post
I bought The Last of Us on PS3 last weekend. I have been watching The Walking Dead (1-4) on DVD with two of my kids and really enjoying this ... a guy at my work mentioned The Last of Us, as a (very broadly) similarly themed video game, so I got a copy.

We are about 3 hours of play in ... I absolutely love it. The atmosphere of the game is superb. It's eerie and constantly rewarding, with each new scene. I like the fact that a lot of the game is about stealthing your way around, as opposed to going in to a fight with all guns blazing. This stealth aspect appeals to me.

I was wondering if anyone else playing? Also, anyone playing on PS4 .. wondering about the game play and rendering differential from PS3 to PS4.

Cheers ...
It looks much better on the PS4 (not like it looked like crap on the PS3), plus it comes with all of the additional content that came out later on the PS3. I'd suggest playing it on the hardest difficulty, it takes the game to a whole other level, LOVED it.

Basically aside from the usual with enemies being stronger and doing much more damage, you no longer have the feature where you can "see" where enemies are through objects, no HUD so you have no idea how much life you have, bullets, etc. Plus finding items is now virtually impossible. Really puts you on edge and is much more realistic.
Appreciate 0