View Single Post
      08-08-2014, 11:13 AM   #105
vinster88
Private
Rep
Drives: '12X5M

Hey, everyone. Sorry for acting like "flake of the year". I haven't had My X since shortly after the work on the exhaust was done.
While removing the entire exhaust was a bit more work, I was able to see an oil leak coming from the upper front of the engine. This area is not visible without the lower cover removed.
When I called my Service advisor and told of the oil leak, I was fearful of it being a front seal. Turns out to be an upper oil pan gasket, for whatever reason they still have it being repaired.
Rob, may be correct. Keeping the smaller resonator inline with the non M exhaust pipe will likely be a better choice in the long run.
On several occasions my wife drove it in town and on the freeway.. Mind you she is not a car chick, couldn't care less in fact. I never received a complaint of unpleasant exhaust noise. So, it passed that test.
I also noticed a torn front sway bar link boot. So doing the work, at the level that it was done, did yield the catch of a couple issues that may have slipped by me.

The work was done in Petaluma. The Muffler Works. The entire job, start to finish was shy of three hours, less than 300.00.
Appreciate 0