View Single Post
      12-20-2016, 09:00 PM   #9
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandref321 View Post
I don't think Velos sells the Stage 1 tune anymore so this would be the BMS Stage 1 vs the Velos Stage 2 which should be a huge difference. Like mirob mentioned the real comparison would be between the JB4 and the Velos Stage 2. The BMS guys said the S63 JB4 is no longer BETA but like earlier posi tap systems it's not exactly an easy plug and play. They haven't developed the newer style plugs straight to the harness and OBDII, but are instead a complicated replacement of individual wires in the DME harness. I did a similar install with their NA tuner on my wife's 3.0si and like Tailwinds said it wasn't terrible. Full JB4 setup with Boost Control Module, and Bluetooth plus the app is around $1200 which gets you a whole lot of options. Velos starts at $1800 plus the promotion dropped it. I'm interested to hear from people running both. I know there are some threads on here about it...somewhere
I'm considering the JB4 over the velos kit right now. I see that the Velos kit comes with the hand held programmer which I'm sure is a good part of the cost but I also like the idea of the user functionality and scalability of the JB4

Last edited by BzsBimmer; 12-21-2016 at 10:07 AM..
Appreciate 0