View Single Post
      11-15-2015, 01:48 PM   #13
peter2772000
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 X6 35i Sport

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I had installed an LED bulb in my gf's glove compartment. Bulb lit up, then died. Swapped back the OEM, still nothing. Dicked around with it for a while, then got fed up and figured I'd play with it later. Shut the glove box and the journey began. Couldn't unlock the damn thing for the life of me...

I'm taking her X6 down to Florida to our winter home. We did the official importation a few days ago and I am to drive it down from Montreal on Thursday. Needless to say, the prospect of telling my significant other that I dicked with the truck and it now needs to go to the dealership ASAP before I drive the truck down stateside.......let's just say that I peed a little in my tighty-whiteys at the prospect

Back to the reason I posted. Thank you soooo much to the members who posted about how the glove compartment mechanism operates. I located/replaced the 10 amp fuse and now the glove box opens & the light........lights. I owe you guys my life LOL

PS: I didn't know that the Marquis of Sade helped design BMW's. I can't believe the complicated workings that were designed just to open a damn glove box.

Last edited by peter2772000; 11-16-2015 at 02:34 PM..
Appreciate 2