View Single Post
      08-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
Jan Jones
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4 door

Thinking of buying x5 son works at BMW

Hi I'm looking at the BMW x5 2012. Here's my concerns any thoughts suggestions would help. (Son works for BMW so he is biased of course!)
I'm selling my 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara unlimited 4door 4wd. It has a "death wobble" stalls on highways, and I was hit by a semi truck in it and injured. My other Vehicle is a 2012 Dodge Ram Laramie Crew Cab and 4X4 Silverado Chevy Truck.
So a BMW is a leap for me. (my daughter works for GM so I could get a discount for a GM product (about 10 grand off of a truck,or go with my sons BMW discount) I'll be paying cash don't know if that is any incentive (no trade in). Here's my problem.
I live 4000 ft up on top of a mountain (lots of snow) basically it would stay parked in the garage in the winters, but worry about the 1 mile up the gravel road, strain on engine overheating etc. I need a "comfort vehicle with power" I had one knee replaced the other knee being operated on next week, and shoulder surgery. Also Saftey features. I'm use to big secure monster trucks. And need something I can visually see all around me (no blind spots). It will be a "granny car" I'm 61 with grandkids I haul around occasionally. Last it needs to "ride easy" I have fibromyalgia (Pain Syndrome). I drive about 5,000 miles a year. Do these vehicles last past 100,000 miles. Is repairs higher than US made vehicles? How is resale vale on them. Last of all I want this vehicle to last a long time, so I'll need to "LIKE" it. Mabe let my son or grand kids drive me around when I no longer, tolerate the thought of driving. I'm seriouslylaboring over this matter. HELP!!!!!
Appreciate 0