04-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #96
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdardashti View Post
Nicely put! Do you think they might make this a limited production run and cut it off in a year or two?
I really don't know the answer to that, I think that they will continue to make it until the next generation x5 is due, but it sure is sad that they did this. By the way, I would'nt have cared so much if they made a proper M suv, but canceling the csl and z4m for this is just wrong, and then to top it off, they gave it an auto and minimally revised engine from the standard car!!! come on!!! .... but the most important question is "why the hell doesnt BMW come out with a super car that will carry the prestige of the brand for our and future generations? i don't know about you guys, but i get goosebumps every time i see a picture or video of a BMW 507, or a tastefully modded e46 m3, or when I see the BMW Film Series. Those are the things that make BMW what it is, not cars that replicate what has already been done. What most people fail to see is that BMW is still making nice and well engineered cars, there is no question about that, but they are NOT FAR AHEAD of the competition anymore, so as time goes by, they lose their advantage and superiority, and that's where they have gone wrong (without taking into consideration the horrific design and flame surfacing that is going into some of the new cars.)