View Single Post
      12-26-2014, 03:47 PM   #1
SkypirateX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Proper tire sizes for 22's

I placed an order for a set of 22's. The wheels are 22X10.5 & 22x12's.
Ive searched around and have seen that majority of you guys run 295/30's in the front and 335/25's in the rear. Using a tire fitment calculator and looking at pics of various people setups, you can see the front tire is taller than the rear. There is about a 5mm difference in ride height between the two.

If you run a 285/30 the front is just under 2mm taller. This seems to be the preferable size to run, BUT ive yet to find a match front and rear brand of tires accept for Pirelli P Zero's and spending over $1600 on the rear tires alone doesnt sound too fun to me.

Im going to assume the difference in tire height with the 295/335 combo isnt enough to do any harm to the transfer case or transmission as its been a common setup for many. If anyone has any further input on this that would be great. Right now i'm just looking at running the 285/335 setup with continental DWS in the front and Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico's in the rear. I know many are against running mismatched brands so im looking for second opinions.

thanks in advance